Crown Point Family-Based Immigration Lawyer

Crown Point Family-Based Immigration Lawyer

Experienced Attorneys Helping Families Reunite in the United States

There are many families with members living in different countries, including both within and outside of the United States. If certain families want to reunite and live together in the U.S., there are opportunities provided by immigration laws to do so. However, you must meet specific requirements and follow the right complicated process to successfully achieve reunification. 

Many people experience delays or denials during the family immigration process, which can be difficult for many reasons. For the best chance of being together with your family members as soon as possible, you should seek help from a Crown Point family-based immigration lawyer. The legal team at Arshad, Pangere & Warring, LLP, is ready to help, so please contact our office today for more information.

Visas for Immediate Family Members

U.S. citizens can apply for visas for their immediate family members to join them in the United States. The family members with a preference for visas when sponsored by a U.S. citizen include:

  • Spouses
  • Children
  • Parents

There is no restriction on the number of visas that can be granted for these family members, so if the application process goes smoothly, there should be minimal or no delays for your immediate family member obtaining their visa to enter the U.S. They can also apply for an adjustment of status so they can obtain a green card and start on the path to citizenship. 

Additional Family Visas

There is a certain number of visas available for more distant – yet still close – family members, as well as immediate family members of lawful permanent residents. These include:

  • Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens
  • Spouses of lawful permanent residents
  • Unmarried children of lawful permanent residents

Visas are more difficult to obtain in a timely manner for these family members, as the quota is met quickly each year. However, it is worth it to get the process started as soon as possible, so you can be reunited as soon as possible. 

There are also visas available for the fiancés of U.S. citizens. If you have a fiancé who lives in a foreign country, you can obtain a visa to bring them to the United States so you can get married. You must show that the marriage is based on a bona fide relationship (and not for immigration purposes) and that you plan to marry within 90 days of entering the U.S. on their visa. If you get married within 90 days, your now-spouse can then apply for a green card. 

Contact a Crown Point Family-Based Immigration Lawyer for Assistance Today

While family-based visas are available in specific situations, the application process is complex and can require meeting financial criteria, as well as showing your family member is admissible. It is best to have a Crown Point family-based immigration lawyer reviewing your case and taking the necessary steps for you. Contact us at Arshad, Pangere & Warring for a consultation. 

Flexible Payment Plans Available

We understand that life doesn’t always go the way you plan. That’s why we accept credit cards and offer payment plans.

Contact Us Today To Schedule An Initial Consultation

* indicates required field

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Attorney Advertising. This information is designed for general information only. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Past results and testimonials are not a guarantee, warranty, or prediction of the outcome of your case, and should not be construed as such. Past results cannot guarantee future performance. Any result in a single case is not meant to create an expectation of similar results in future matters because each case involves many different factors, therefore, results will differ on a case-by-case basis. By providing contact information, users acknowledge and give explicit consent to be contacted via the methods of communication provided, including SMS. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency may vary. Reply STOP to opt out.

NUVEW | Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved | Accessibility Notice | Privacy Policy